Here are 10 more tips to grocery shop every two weeks:
- Buy fruits and vegetables with a long shelf life. Apples keep longer than peaches. Pears keep longer than cherries. Carrots keep practically forever.
- Keep your fruits and veggies refrigerated. Fruit kept in the fridge lasts longer than fruit in a bowl on the counter. Refill your fruit bowl from the fridge every few days.
- Use frozen vegetables. Frozen vegetables are often comparable in price to fresh, and they cut down on preparation time. Plus they’ll keep for months!
- Buy milk when it’s on sale. Pour some of the milk out of the bottle, then freeze it. While it won’t be as great to drink, it will work perfectly fine for sauces.
- Buy lots of eggs. Eggs will keep for a really long time, for a month or more.
- Use or freeze meat quickly. If you’re not eating your meat within a few days of shopping, freeze it.
- Eat more beans. Beans are non-perishable and can be kept in the pantry indefinitely. Eat more beans, and you’ll need to buy less meat. Bonus: they’re cheaper and better for you! (How to can pinto beans)
- Join a produce co-op. You’ll get seasonal produce that is fresh. This also means one less trip to the grocery store.
- Have an emergency menu plan. Keep a list of pantry meals (and the ingredients) that you can make in a hurry, in case you forget something important at the store.
- Schedule a special pantry stock-up run occasionally. It’s easier to stock up when you are not doing your regular grocery shopping. Make a list of pantry items to purchase, head to the store, and stock up.
How often do you grocery shop? Any tips you can add to my list?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -
Pages: 1 2