Saving money is on most people’s minds today. By grocery shopping every two weeks, I save both time and money. Here are my best tips!
There are so many ways to save money; couponing, stocking up, cooking from scratch, and more. One of my favorite ways to save both money and time is to grocery shop every two weeks.
You truly do not have to be at the grocery store every other day.
Here are my top 20 tips for grocery shopping every two weeks:
- Have a plan. There is no way you can go two weeks without going to the grocery store if you don’t have a detailed menu plan and a comprehensive shopping list.
- Plan smart. Plan meals with more perishable ingredients for the first week of your two-week menu plan. Save your meals with less perishable or nonperishable ingredients for the second week.
- Keep an ongoing shopping list. Whenever something is used up, it gets written on the shopping list.
- Keep your pantry well stocked. Keep track of what you eat, and keep the nonperishable ingredients for those meals on hand. (How to keep your pantry stocked)
- Stock your freezer. Frozen fruits, vegetables, and meats can be a lifesaver when you’re out of everything else. Breads keep well in the freezer too.
- Shop your pantry and freezer. Think you can’t go another day without going to the store? Look around the pantry and freezer, and you’ll probably find the makings for at least one meal.
- Learn how to make things yourself. If you can make your own bread, bagels, tortillas, cookies, yogurt, etc., you’ll be running to the store less often.
- Improvise. Forgot a key ingredient for one of your dinners this week? You’re a smart gal! Figure out something else you can use, or re-work the other ingredients to make something else.
- Grow a garden. It doesn’t have to be big: even a few herb plants can go a long way toward adding variety to your menu.
- Be grateful. You have food! Isn’t that an amazing blessing? Even if it doesn’t happen to be the exact sort of food you’ve been craving, it will fill up your stomach.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -