Looking for last minute decorations for your fall get togethers? Here are two for you to complete in less than an hour!
2 Simple and Quick Fall Crafts
1. Reuse an old straw hat to make a scarecrow face:
This craft uses items you probably have on hand-
Old straw hat
(I used ribbon and artificial flowers purchased at the dollar store, a hat purchased at a thrift store, felt & twine that I had on hand. This craft cost only $2.25 to make!)
To make this project-
Apply hot glue to the hat and bend the brim down. Hold in place until set. Add googly eyes, felt mouth, and a nose from the artificial flowers. For the hair, we braided twine and attached it behind the bent-down brim, then tied the ends. Add some flowers and such to decorate.
Attach a hanger to the back, and it’s ready to hang!
2. Reuse old jars and plastic containers-
The containers used in the above photo are a glass pickle jar and a plastic protein container.
This craft could not be more simple!
Glass and/or plastic containers
Black Sharpie marker
Total cost for this project was $1.25- $.60 for the paint, $.50 for the glue, $.15 for the paintbrush. I had the disposable plate and marker on hand.
To make this project-
Mix equal parts paint and glue together on the disposable plate. Paint the containers, allow to dry thoroughly. Using the marker, draw the face design onto the painted surface. Done!
These are two simple, inexpensive, and quick crafts you can make in less than an hour. Have fun!!!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep - November 10, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word - October 23, 2017
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time - September 5, 2017
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes - August 28, 2017
- Beauty in the Chaos - August 27, 2017
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017