2 Simple and Quick Fall Crafts
Looking for last minute decorations for your fall get-togethers? Here are two for you to complete in less than an hour!
1. Reuse an old straw hat to make a scarecrow face:
This craft uses items you probably have on hand-
Old straw hat
(I used ribbon and artificial flowers purchased at the dollar store, a hat purchased at a thrift store, felt & twine that I had on hand. This craft cost only $2.25 to make!)
To make this project-
Apply hot glue to the hat and bend the brim down. Hold in place until set. Add googly eyes, felt mouth, and a nose from the artificial flowers. For the hair, we braided twine and attached it behind the bent-down brim, then tied the ends. Add some flowers and such to decorate.
Attach a hanger to the back, and it’s ready to hang!
2. Reuse old jars and plastic containers-
The containers used in the above photo are a glass pickle jar and a plastic protein container.
This craft could not be more simple!
Glass and/or plastic containers
Black Sharpie marker
Total cost for this project was $1.25- $.60 for the paint, $.50 for the glue, $.15 for the paintbrush. I had the disposable plate and marker on hand.
To make this project-
Mix equal parts paint and glue together on the disposable plate. Paint the containers, allow to dry thoroughly. Using the marker, draw the face design onto the painted surface. Done!
If you don’t happen to have these craft items on hand, Amazon can get them to you in no time! Here are my picks!
These are two simple, inexpensive, and quick crafts you can make in less than an hour. Have fun!!!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
[…] that the inside of your home is neat and tidy, how about a couple of simple crafts to decorate […]