With the holidays usually comes guests in our home. We all want to be welcomed and feel comfortable when we visit others. Be prepared with this list!
These everyday items are things that we take for granted in our own homes. When we travel, it’s easy to overlook packing some of these items. Also, when flying, many of these items simply cannot be brought along on the trip. By providing these items, you’ll make your guests feel right at home. You might also win hostess of the year by being prepared and thoughtful!
15 Must Have Items Before Your Holiday Guests Arrive:
1. Flashlight, nightlight, alarm clock
2. Tooth brushes, tooth paste, mouthwash
3. Neutral scented soap- both liquid hand soap and bar soap
4. Shampoo & conditioner
5. Feminine products
6. Towels and washcloths
7. Paper goods (paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex) I love these new Kleenex containers! They are durable and fit right in with holiday decor!
8. Bottled water
9. Coffee pot, tea kettle, coffee filters, coffee, tea, creamer, sugar, honey
10. Fruit, cereal bars, quick snacks, a pack of gum, a tin of mints
11. Extra pillows- both firm and soft
12. Extra blankets- both light and heavy
13. Universal cell phone/tablet charger plug
14. Puzzles, cards, games to play
15. Notepad and pen
16. Bonus! Add a package of fluffy socks in solid colors to really treat your guests!
Some other thoughtful tips:
Leave a free outlet on each side of the bed, and another in the living area. We all tend to have electronic devices that require charging. Make these outlets as accessible as possible for your guests. Many people use their cell phone as an alarm clock, so having a free outlet near the bedside table is a great convenience. Providing a universal charger sure helps if your guest has forgotten to bring their charger along.
If your WiFi is password protected, be sure to leave the password where it will be easily found.
If you have any appliances for your guests to use, be sure to leave clear instructions for their use near the appliance.
Be sure to remove any breakable or sentimental objects from your guests’ space. This is better than an accident destroying your great aunt’s trinket that you treasure.
Save while you’re stocking up with Ibotta. I just found this app and have already saved nearly $20 on items that I normally buy! I stocked up on my Cottonelle, Viva, and Kleenex items while doing my regular shopping at WalMart. Here are some current Ibotta savings:
- $1 off Cottonelle 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Scott 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Viva 6-ct or larger
- Buy two products and get an extra dollar back
Showing hospitality to others doesn’t need to be stressful or overwhelming. Think of the things that you use on a daily basis in your home and make them available to your guests. They’ll thank you for it, and you’ll have a wonderful time visiting with them! I’d love for you to share your best tips to add to this list!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -