Last year, I took part in a campaign called Rethink Varicose Veins. I was quite interested to learn more about this as my Honey has some varicose veins that are cause for concern.
The varicose veins started out small. They’ve grown over the years and gotten to be more pronounced.
What I learned was that the tired legs feeling that he has, the protruding veins, and all of that is not going to simply go away on its own. He has worked out at the gym faithfully for 4 years, and has lost a good amount of weight. But, being in shape does not mean no varicose veins, as evidenced by an Olympic athlete, Summer Sanders, dealing with the same thing.
Our first visit was just a matter of meeting with Dr. Bailey and having him look at my hubby’s legs. One leg is definitely worse than the other. We didn’t think the second leg was that much of a concern. Dr. Bailey thought differently. He said that the “better” leg was bad and the worse leg was one of the worst cases he has seen. Ouch!
The next step was to go in for an ultrasound graphing of his veins. This was done in his office and took all of 20 minutes. They now have a map of the veins and know what areas they will be targeting when they perform the vein ablastment.
Our next appointment is next month, and we will know more then about when this surgery will take place. Dr. Bailey has assured us that he will revolutionize my hubby’s life. That the tired and feeling like they weigh 100 pounds sensation will be gone. I sure hope so. This will make a huge difference in his life.
I will post a follow up after our next appointment.
If you deal with varicose veins, have you checked out the Rethink Varicose Veins site? There is a self-assessment test there for you to take.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017