This super simple low carb black raspberry cheesecake is perfect for a weeknight treat, entertaining, or just because!
My favorite dessert is cheesecake. My favorite berry is the black raspberry. Put them together and YUM!
We are following a low carb diet, but still want to have tasty desserts once in a while.
After purchasing two flats of black raspberries from the Amish produce auction, I froze a good portion of them (what we didn’t eat right away!). I have several bags of frozen black raspberries stashed away now, so I can enjoy this cheesecake all year long.
Super Simple Low Carb Black Raspberry Cheesecake:
- 1 pint black raspberries (fresh) or 2 cups frozen
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use Neufatchel cheese to save on fat & calories)
- 6 ounces Greek-style yogurt
- 2 ts vanilla extract
- 25 drops liquid stevia (or sweetener equivalent to ~1 cup sugar)
- ½ cup black raspberries, for garnish
- If you desire to make this cheesecake with a crust, begin by making the crust.
- Pre-heat oven to 375*
- Butter bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine crust ingredients and press into pan.
- Bake 7-8 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Let cool completely (if in a hurry, once cooled some, place on a pot holder in the fridge to cool)
- To make the filling:
- In a large saucepan, cook 2 cups black raspberries over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until reduced and thicker (like jam), about 20 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, break up any large pieces that may remain.
- Stir in lemon juice and set aside to cool. (If in a hurry, put in glass bowl and place in freezer)
- Beat together softened cream cheese and Greek yogurt.
- Mix in vanilla and stevia.
- Stir in cooled cooked black raspberries.
- Pour into prepared crust (if desired).
- Sprinkle ½ cup black raspberries on top.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
I hope you’ll give this Black Raspberry Cheesecake a try!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017