Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are so convenient for making quick suppers. We have them in some form or fashion a couple of nights per week. It’s one reason that I am planning to order a box or two of chicken breasts through Zaycon Foods when their next order opens again.
Here’s a tasty recipe I came up one evening when we wanted something just a bit decadent, but still quick. I hope you enjoy it too!
Smothered Smoky Chicken Recipe:
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 TB Weber Kick'n Chicken seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon smoke paprika
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 TB coconut oil
- ¼ cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices smoked Provolone cheese
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, then in half again.
- Sprinkle with Weber's Kick'n Chicken seasoning and smoked paprika.
- Fry bacon until crisp, let cool a bit, then crumble.
- Cook the breasts on medium high heat in coconut oil until browned, then flip.
- Once cooked through, top with bacon, shredded smoked cheddar cheese, then some smoked provolone cheese. Let melt.
- On the side, saute mushrooms and onions in a bit of coconut oil, then added them to the chicken.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017