Recently, I was invited to check out Publix’s Flavor Excursion and challenged to come up with a new recipe using a few General Mills products. Being one that likes to create in the kitchen, I gladly took the challenge!
I have to say, I will most definitely be making this recipe again! Even my non-tomato-loving daughter raved about it!
For those nights when you simply need a quick and easy meal, I encourage you to give this recipe a try! I give you my latest kitchen creation-
Simple Chicken Cheese Enchilada Boats
Stir in two cans of Progresso Chicken Cheese Enchilada soup, an 8 oz block of cream cheese, and half a bag of Kraft Mexican cheese. Add taco seasoning pack from the Old El Paso taco boats dinner kit. Simmer until cheeses are melted.
Stir and simmer on low until ready to serve. While that’s simmering, use some tasty avocados from Mexico to whip up a bowl of guacamole.
It’s honestly super yummy as a soup with sour cream, guacamole, and taco sauce. (I wish I had a big bowl of it in front of me right now!)
OR, you can “Kick it up a notch,” as Emeril used to say . . .
These taco boats are the cutest things ever! I served some as packaged, a soft tortilla boat.
I deep-fried the other half of the package. To do so, I heated oil to about 375*, and submerged the taco boat with a pair of tongs. I kept the tongs inside of the boat, to help keep its shape as it cooked. (sorry, no cooking photo, we need a better camera that picks up action like bubbling oil!)
To assemble to taco boats, begin with a layer of chopped lettuce in the bottom of the boat. Add a scoop of the filling, then top with sour cream, guacamole, cheese, and taco sauce. Then, dive in!
Visit the links above and leave a comment telling me which recipe you want to try in order to win $10 in Paypal cash!
Me? I’m looking forward to trying Ragin’ Cajun Jambalaya, Tropical Chocolate Pie (made with avocado!), Caramel Apple Crisp Bars, Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf, Chili Cheese Pockets, and more! Which recipe are you going to try first??
- half an onion, chopped
- half a bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Boats Dinner Kit
- 2 cans Progresso Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunt's Roasted Garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz bag shredded Kraft Mexican Cheese
- Saute onion and bell pepper in coconut oil.
- Stir in soup, diced tomatoes, Ro*Tel, packet of taco seasoning from dinner kit, cream cheese, and half bag of shredded cheese.
- Simmer until cheese is melted, stirring often.
- Serve in a taco boat from the dinner kit, topping with sour cream, guacamole, and taco sauce.
- OR serve as a soup, with sour cream, guacamole, and taco sauce.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017