Guest post from Andrea Anderson
One thing I try to teach my children is responsibility when it comes to taking care of their belongings. However, I can’t expect them to be organized and responsible if I don’t create a system for them to work in.
Have you ever been late to something because one of your children (or you) can’t find their shoes? When shoes are all over the bedroom or closet floor it can take longer for everyone to finish getting dressed. A daily shoe hunt can become frustrating for everyone involved, I know this because I’ve experienced it first hand.
After much trial and error I found the perfect way to organize our shoes, I use the Ultra Caddy from The Container Store. They work perfect for all shoe sizes. This caddy is around $7 each but they are quite large and very sturdy, even my husband’s shoes fit nicely.
Look how organized our closet is!
My children’s shoes don’t always get put into the caddy looking neat and perfect, but they now have a specific place for their shoes which means they can be responsible for putting them away in the proper place.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014