Menu planning is an excellent way to save not only money, but time. It can also mean the difference between hitting the drive-thru on the way home, and coming home to a meal ready in the Crock Pot.
However, menu planning does take time. I used to sit down with a blank calendar page and try to fill in the blocks with our meal choices for the month. When I’m especially inspired to cook, this task is not too hard. When I’m not in “cook mode”, this becomes more difficult. The times when I am not in “cook mode” are typically during either super busy months or during the hot summer months.
When inspiration doesn’t hit me, I am lost as to what to put in those little blocks. My family, though I love them dearly, is no help at all in this area. They don’t really care what I make, they just want to eat.
Enter Build a Menu. I first learned about this great site at the Teach Them Diligently convention last year. The two sisters behind this brilliant idea are funny, engaging, and have a heart for orphan care around the world. They have created, what I think is the best menu planning site around. In listening to their subscribers, they like to add fun new changes. This month, they have added an “Enter your own recipes” section. (LOVE this! I have a ton of recipes, and being able to add those into the rotation is great!)
Not only can you enter your own recipes, but you can share those recipes with a friend! Check this out!
Very soon, the mobile app will be available. Seriously, how much better can this get?! Don’t answer, I’m sure the Build a Menu ladies will come up with something cool to add next!
Want to give it a try? Sure! The ladies are offering a two week free trial! Just sign up for a membership, use coupon code (BAM4Free), and select two week free trial at checkout.
Oooh! AND, there is a sale for the month of November. You can get an entire year of this menu planning goodness for only $35! What a steal! Use code BAM435 to save!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017