Welcome back to this week’s series of 5 Days of Children’s Birthday Party Ideas as part of the 5 Days of Mothering and Homemaking!
For Rebecca’s 6th birthday, we hosted a Cowgirl Round ‘Em Up Party! What fun we had!!!
Round ‘Em Up! Cowgirl / Cowboy Party:
This was another fun party to plan!
I had recently been given a Riso Print Gocco and wanted to put it into use. I used this wonderful screen printer to decorate invitations, napkins, gift bags, and some of the crafts. (*note I did a search to find a Print Gocco to share with you for purchase, but all I could find was at eBay, link included above)
We set the mood with a fire. Our fire was actually a fire pit with a “cauldron” set where the fire would be, with logs all around it. In the cauldron, we placed dry ice to give the look of a fire, without any danger.
The first activity was to have “Wanted” photos taken. Even the big kids got involved in this one. 🙂
One of our activities was a cow-wrangling. We set this up by tying two cheap mops to a stool, with the legs sticking out. This was covered with a white plastic table cover, with construction paper spots taped to it. We used butcher paper to draw the head. We found rope circles to use for the toss.
We played some classic games like three-legged races, sack races, and a digging scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt was set up in a sand box. We buried small “treasures” in the sand to find.
Using white socks filled with beans, we had a knock ’em down game. We set up empty 2 liter bottles on a bench for the children to toss the socks and knock ’em down.
Unfortunately, I do not have photos of most of our games. I searched high and low for all that I could dig up. This party was held for Rebecca’s 6th birthday…she is 19 now. 😉 So, it was a number of years ago. *Gasp* A few years before blogging. Taking quality photos to share on a blog was not a concern of mine back then…
We gave each child a cowboy hat and bandana. The cups we used were plastic cowboy boots (ours were white, but I could only find clear online today), so cute! We had a cactus pinata filled with goodies.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Round ‘Em Up Cowgirl Party post today!
While you’re here, be sure to check out my other party posts. Have you ever hosted a Cowgirl or Cowboy Party?
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017