For the second time this year, I will participate in a larger way in our election. I will serve as a judge during election day. The first time that I did this, I learned all about the election process, from the other side of the voting booth. It was fascinating to see the process in action!
Edutopia is a pretty comprehensive site which shares links to many aspects of the election- Iowa caucuses, the Electoral College, and more!
Scholastic offers a plethora of election resources, for all grade levels
PBS offers all sorts of activities, from Presidential election history to how voting laws have changed to what happens in the voting booth.
Education World boasts a graph of the President’s ages at their inauguration, scavenger hunt, and MUCH more! This site is filled with educational games!
C-Span is an excellent site for the older students to learn more about the election process.
One of my most favorite sites is CurrClick. They offer products beginning at FREE to teach your children about most any subject. Here is a link to the election-related products.
Voting in an election is one of the foundations of our democratic republic. Let’s start our children young and immerse them in the freedom and importance of exercising our right to vote!
Enter to win one of THREE sets of those adorable Itty Bitties! Leave me a comment with your favorite election process resource (one of these that I’ve shared or a new one!)
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017