Each day, I find a new use for this “magic pot” that is the Instant Pot! This Instant Pot Vegetable Stock is both frugal and fast!
Quick Instant Pot Vegetable Stock:
My youngest daughter is giving a vegetarian diet a try. She is doing very well at creating recipes and experimenting.
In our quest to save money in the kitchen, we make our own stocks and broths. We decided to give making stock in the Instant Pot a try.
As we cut up vegetables, we add the peels, ends, and small pieces to a zip-top bag. This bag is stored in the freezer. When it’s full, we pull it out to make stock.
To make this vegetable stock, we used a bag full of ends and pieces of onions, carrots, green onions, potatoes, celery, mushrooms, and peppers.
I filled the Instant Pot with 8 cups of water, added the vegetable scraps & some herbs, and locked the lid in place. With the pressure release valve set to pressurize, I set the IP to cook on the manual setting for 45 minutes and let it work its magic. After a natural pressure release time of about 10 minutes, we had the most flavorful vegetable stock we’ve ever made!
As you can see in the photo below, I didn’t turn the IP off when it was done cooking. It just kept the stock warm as we were busy with other jobs. This is one perk to the IP, you don’t have to be there to shut it off when the cooking time is up. The “magic pot” automatically switches to a keep warm setting for you.
Need an organized place to keep all of those notes you’re acquiring for your magic pot? Enter your e-mail address below and download my two cheat sheets!
Since we were going to use this stock as a base for other recipes, I did not season it with anything other than salt and pepper.
Here’s a great use for this rich stock- Instant Pot French Onion Soup!
What have you made in your Instant Pot this week?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017