Here is a cute, simple, and economical craft to try! It doesn’t require much in the way of materials and is a great craft for children to make.
Quick and Easy Stained Glass Candle Holders
Jar- we used baby food jars, but any jar will work (we keep glass jars any time we get them- pickle jars are especially nice!)
Tissue paper- multiple colors
Mod Podge glue– we used matte finish
Disposable plate to pour glue onto
Tea light candle
Thoroughly clean the jar to be decorated, allow to dry thoroughly.
Tear tissue paper into small pieces.
Working in small areas, begin by coating a section of the jar a little larger than the torn tissue paper with Mod Podge.
Place a piece of torn tissue paper onto glued area (be sure there is glue behind all of the tissue paper, you are basically sandwiching the tissue paper between layers of glue).
Coat the top of the tissue paper (and a bit beyond) with Mod Podge.
Continue adding pieces of tissue paper, overlapping the edges of the pieces, until the entire jar is covered.
Add one final layer of Mod Podge to seal.
Allow to thoroughly dry.
Place tea light candle inside.
Light and enjoy!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017