While I was grocery shopping at Publix, I got a call from a friend. She and her family were having a rough time and we wanted to cheer them. We invited them over, and the only available time to get together was that very night. Thankfully, I knew that their family were big taco bar fans too. After picking up a few items, the girls and I went home to get started on our feast, to be served a few hours later.
When we arrived home, we got out the Crock-Pots. Into one, I placed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Old El Paso salsa, and the seasoning package from the Old El Paso Soft Taco Dinner Kit. Into the other Crock-Pot, I placed two pounds of ground beef, Old El Paso salsa, and the seasoning package from the Old El Paso Soft Tortilla Taco Boats Dinner Kit. Both Crock-Pots were turned onto high and allowed to cook while we got the house ready for company.
A quick cleanup of the house, and pulling all of the serving dishes out of the cupboard, and we were ready! I shop at the dollar store for many serving dishes. Most all of the dishes shown in these photos of our taco bar cost only $1 each!
After about 4 hours of cooking time, the meats were nearly ready to serve. The chicken just needed to be shredded with forks and stirred. The ground beef was ready, with a simple stir.
As the meats finished up, we made Pico de Gallo, guacamole, refried beans, white queso dip, and chopped up veggies. I’ve recently started adding pineapple tidbits to our veggie offerings. It’s a nice balance to the heat of the tacos. Try it!
I encourage you to entertain but keep it simple. A taco bar is a great way to do this!
To help you out, I’m hosting a $10 Paypal cash giveaway! Simply leave me a comment (and your contact info!) telling me who you will be entertaining next!
Another way to help you is to offer some great coupons to save money on your meal supplies!
For coupon savings, visit Ready Plan Save and print away!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017