This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
The holidays are upon us, my friends. It’s the most wonderful time of the year. It’s also the most busy time of the year! With shopping, parties, to-do lists a mile long, wrapping, and preparing for guests, our schedules are jam-packed. Yet, we still have to eat supper, right? And we have potlucks to attend which require us to make a dish to share.
This is one of my go-to meals when life gets busy. It’s a good thing that my family loves this meal, because while looking at our December calendar, I can see LOTS of busy, busy days which will mean this meal will be served due to its simplicity. One of the great things about this dish is that it can be made ahead and frozen, making supper time even more simple!
I especially like taking this dish to Christmas potlucks because it’s festively red and green. And, well, it’s yummy! It will be on our menu at least once per week this entire month. An added bonus is that the enchiladas re-heat well, so I make extra to put in my hubby’s lunch for the next day.
My go to for making this incredibly easy enchilada sauce is Hunt’s tomato sauce and Ro*Tel. You can’t go wrong with a recipe that includes Ro*Tel, can you?! What’s great is that the three canned items needed for this recipe are all located on the same aisle at my local WalMart.
I typically make homemade refried beans, but for convenience sake, I opt for the Rosarita brand. It has a very appealing texture and taste. This is the brand I reach for when I buy refried beans.
The other ingredients are simple, consisting of tortillas, chicken breasts, spices, cheese, and homemade guacamole. How simple is that?!
My guacamole recipe is super simple. Make it ahead of time and place plastic wrap directly on top to keep it from turning brown. I make it in the morning on busy days so that supper is on the table super fast.
I like to put the refried beans into a heat proof dish, then cover with shredded cheese. This bakes with the enchiladas for the last 10 minutes or so.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TB + 1 ts chili powder
- 2 ts cumin, divided
- 2 ts garlic powder, divided
- 2 ts onion powder, divided
- 16 flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Enchilada Sauce
- 1- 15 oz can Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1- 10 oz can Ro*Tel ( I used original, use your choice)
- 1 TB oregano
- 1 ts garlic powder
- 1 ts onion powder
- 1 ts cumin
- Place chicken breasts into a large pot, cover with water. Add 1 TB chili powder, 1 ts cumin, 1 ts garlic powder, 1 ts onion powder. Gently boil until cooked through.
chickenis done, remove from cooking liquid, allow to cool.
- Shred chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 ts chili powder, 1 ts cumin, 1 ts garlic powder, 1 ts onion powder over shredded chicken, mix to combine.
- To make enchilada sauce:
- Into a blender, combine all sauce ingredients, blend until smooth.
- To assemble enchiladas:
- Spray casserole
dishwith non-stick spray.
- Coat bottom of
- Place a spoonful or so of chicken onto
- Roll tortilla up tightly.
- Place tortilla into casserole dish.
- Cover with sauce.
- Cover with cheese.
- You can wrap the dish tightly with foil and freeze at this point.
- (you would place frozen dish into cold oven, turn oven on to 350*, bake for 30 minutes or until done)
- Or, you can cover and place in the refrigerator to bake later at this point. Be sure to place pan into a cold oven when ready to bake.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350*
Find more easy to make recipes that are perfect during the holidays by visiting this link: Yes You Can Recipes! Find more inspiration at the Hunt’s Pinterest page and the Ro*Tel Pinterest page. Connect with Hunt’s on Facebook and Ro*Tel on Facebook.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017