Which kitchen tools are truly worth their cost? Here are the tools that I use most frequently and feel every kitchen should contain.
When it comes to kitchen gadgets, I have a weakness. One of my favorite things to do is to wander up and down the aisles of a home goods store and look at all of the fun gadgets available. Some are obvious wastes of money. Others seem like they’d be a good addition to the kitchen, but later turn out to be unnecessary. Yet others do exactly what they claim and make kitchen time more productive and easier.
It can be overwhelming to see all of these gadgets and wonder which are the ones to purchase. Since I’ve been a homemaker for 25+ years, I thought I’d share my favorite kitchen tools. There are some quality kitchen tools that are simply worth their cost. Here is my list:
Quality Kitchen Tools Worth Their Cost
- Quality knives– and keep them sharpened!
- Heavy-duty stand mixer
- Cast iron pans
- Accurate thermometer
- Large convection toaster oven
- Bunn Coffee maker
- Glass baking dishes
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Stainless steel mixing bowls
- Quality baking sheets
- Silpat liners
- Wooden spoons
- Rubbermaid commercial plastic spatulas
- Slow cooker
- Instant Pot
If you cook a certain type of food often, there are certainly other tools you require. Pasta makers, woks, and other such tools are necessary for many homemakers. I like to can food items, so I would also add a water bath canner and a pressure canner to the list. Since not all of my readers are canners, I did not include them in this list. As always, personalize this list to your own needs!
For instance, making homemade marshmallows requires an accurate thermometer. Baking requires baking sheets, mixing bowls, measuring cups & spoons.
By outfitting your kitchen with the basic necessities, you’ll be ready to get creative in the kitchen!
I love hearing from you! What quality kitchen tools worth their cost would you add to this list?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017