Two months ago, my family and I began a huge task. It has taken us all of those two months to complete it! What began as a small organizing project turned into rearranging bedrooms, completely cleaning out one bedroom, and turning that bedroom into a planner, craft, office room.
It’s been several years since I’ve had a creative space. I’ve been working in our bedroom and had all of my supplies stored in four different areas of our home. This did not lead to much creativity or productivity.
I’m still settling into this room of my own. My husband has helped me greatly. He built some very functional projects to hang on the walls. My graphic designer daughter, Natalie, has created some beautiful, encouraging artwork to hang. You’ll be able to download these same artwork printables at the end of this post.
The first job was to unload this room, which was formerly our youngest’s bedroom. She’s moved upstairs with her sisters, freeing this room up for me. My original plan was to build a large desk/workstation but I found the cost for supplies was more than I wanted to spend. Instead, I moved items from other rooms into this room. This kept costs down so that I could invest more into the paint and other supplies. 🙂
For inspiration, I visited Lowe’s and checked out the Olympic paint display. Are you like me and find that seeing all of the fun colors inspire creativity? I chose a gray color for the walls and accent colors for the frames of the wall items. (And, oh my! Did you know that you can see what your room will look like in different colors without even leaving your home?! Yes! Check out the Olympic Paint Visualizer!)
Once we had all of our supplies, the building began! My husband took measurements and got to work.
I can’t wait to show you all that we’ve created! First up, the magnetic board!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017