Once I figured out how to make my own Pico de Gallo, I was hooked! I’m not a huge cilantro fan, so by making it myself, I can control the ingredients and make it just the way I like it.
This is my super simple recipe for Pico de Gallo. Even my non-tomato, non-onion, non-pepper eating husband enjoys it on his Mexican food such as Chicken Enchiladas and Chicken Fajita Salad! It’s also half of my Easy Homemade Guacamole recipe. 😉
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 whole onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 ts lemon juice
- Cilantro, to your taste
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop tomatoes, onion, and pepper. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add chopped cilantro ( I am not a huge fan of cilantro, so I use only ¼ -1/2 ts, if you like the taste of cilantro, add more). Add a dash of salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cover and let sit for 2-3 hours before serving.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017