3. How to Freeze Egg Whites and Yolks: Let’s say you made homemade ice cream. Rather than tossing those egg whites out, freeze them for later use! After carefully separating the yolk from the white, pour the whites into a silicone pan to freeze. The whites don’t lose much of their foaming “power” when thawed and thus can be used in meringues and such.
How to Freeze Egg Yolks: Or maybe you made an Angel Food Cake and have a dozen egg yolks left over. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of sugar into the yolk to ensure a smooth mixture when thawed. I use these in smoothies to add more protein, to brush on top of baked goods for a richer color and taste, and to make ice cream or pudding.
4. The Easy Way to Store and Reheat Pasta: Once cool, place the cooked pasta into a zip-top bag. Squeeze out all of the air and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve as leftovers, add hot water to the bag, seal it up, and place the bag into a bowl. Change the water a few times while you heat up the sauce. The pasta will be hot and ready to serve in no time!
5. How to Make Garlic Butter: Combine a stick of softened butter with 3 Tablespoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons parsley, and a dash of salt & pepper. This garlic butter stores easily in the refrigerator (or wrap tightly and freeze for longer storage.) I use this garlic butter to quickly saute shrimp or chicken, make garlic bread, or make garlic pizza.
Click next to see the rest of my top homemaking hacks!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017