Are you considering homeschooling? Have you already made this choice? Wondering what you need to stock up on as you begin this adventure? Beyond your curriculum choices, there are a few items that will make your homeschooling years a little easier. These homeschool supplies are what I suggest you have on hand.
We are nearly to completion of our 18th year of home education. In that time, we’ve used many products. Some have stood the test of time and some have not. Here’s my list of I would suggest all homeschoolers have on hand:
Must Have Homeschool Supplies That Will Last:
- Laminator– We have two laminators. Our most used model is a Scotch hot laminator. I also have a Xyron cold press laminator. I like both, for different reasons. With the Xyron model, I can change out the cartridge to magnetic or even repositionable adhesive. I purchased the Xyron model many years ago and still use it today.
- Hole Punch– a heavy duty three-hole punch is in order. Through notebooking, lapbooking, and general printing, we use this extensively.
- Computer– obvious, but we use this for the same as above- notebooking and lapbooking quite often.
- Printer– Must have for all of those awesome printables! We’ve always had HP printers and have been quite happy with them.
- Notebooks– I know I sound like a broken record, but notebooking is a favorite here. We also use these for science notes, spelling tests, etc.
- Comb Binding Machine– This one is a bit of a splurge, but I used it enough in the first 6 months that we owned it to feel I’d gotten my money’s worth. I like to bind some of the ebooks that I purchase. It is also great to make travel notebooks, or even your own planner! It doesn’t have any electrical components, so I expect this machine to last a lifetime!
- Electric pencil sharpener– Trust me on this one. You’ll be sharpening a LOT of pencils. Throw away those inexpensive manual ones. They only cause frustration and broken leads. Get a quality sharpener for both the No. 2 lead pencils you’ll be using, but also the colored pencils for your notebooking, maps, etc.
- Library Card– While our TN library is nowhere near as outstanding as our FL library, it does come in handy. Lesson to be learned- don’t take for granted what you have when you have it. 😉
- Sense of Humor– Homeschooling should be FUN! Find your joy each day.
- Patience– Homeschool Mamas do not have the corner on patience, but we do have plenty of opportunity to hone this particular character trait over the years.
The rest is completely up to you, but these are the items that I feel no homeschooling home should be without.
What about you? What would you add to this list?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017