Guest post from Christy Halsell
I love babies. And I love making things. I especially love making things for babies! Most recently I made these baby booties for a friend’s little boy. They didn’t take a lot of time and turned out so fun!
I bought craft felt sheets at JoAnn’s and used that, but the pattern gives other ideas for types of fabric to use.
Once I sewed the stars on, the directions call for stabilizing the top lines of the shoes with a blanket stitch. I had to practice that stitch on another piece of felt, and look it up to make sure I got it right.
*One other thing I had to look up because I’m a beginning seamstress is how to “ease” stitches. This is required when you are getting ready to sew the top of the shoe to the sole. The sole of the shoe is much more curved than the toe on the upper. This forum thread on Craftster.org helped me to understand the whole concept better.
These booties are fun and easy to make. Next month I’ll show you a few other fun baby gifts you can make.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014