Guest post from Dollie Freeman
I can’t be the only mother in the world who feels overwhelmed by the winter accessories or better yet, the inability to find them when you need them. Realizing that there has to be more women like me, I decided that I would share my new organizing system for winter accessories that has proven to work perfectly for our home. We have a total of six people in our family, ranging from 3 to over 40 years old. Some of us know how to take care of things better than others, yet we still seem to misplace a glove here or there. While contemplating what system I wanted to implement, I needed to consider our space, number of family members and functionality of the system.
Purchasing the Right Bins for Your Family’s Needs
Prior to purchasing the bins, you will need to decide a few things for your individual family and the situations for your home.
- How many bins are necessary to accommodate your family’s accessories?
- What kind of bins do you need? Open bins, bins with lids, square bins, rectangle bins, tall bins, short bins, clear bins, or colored bins
- How organized should each bin be? A bin for hats, gloves, scarves, ear muffs, etc.
- Where will be a convenient place for the bins when cold weather requires their use?
- Where will you store the bins when warmer weather allows for them to go in storage?
Organizing the Bins for Easy Use and Storage
- We purchased 2 clear rectangular bins with lids
- In one bin we put all the gloves (we have a lot of these in all different sizes and colors)
- In the other bin, we put all the hats, scarves, and ear muffs
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014