If you made my No Cook Pizza Sauce yesterday, you now have a large empty can.
Here’s one use for that can!
Our charcoal grill finally saw its last use this pas summer. Until we invest in another, we are making do with an impromptu grill that my sweet Honey “cooked up” for me. We like to grill and this fills the bill nicely!
He used cinder blocks for the sides and the grates from our old grill.
To turn that empty can into a free charcoal chimney, here are the simple steps:
1. Using an old school bottle opener with a sharp tip, puncture 4 holes at the bottom of the can:
2. Using a regular can opener, cut the bottom off the can:
(notice the previously cut holes)
3. Place the can on top of the cooking grates, fill 1/3 full with wadded up newspaper:
4. Fill with charcoal:
5. Place hay under the grates. Light hay on fire to ignite the paper, and then the charcoal:
6. Allow charcoal to burn for 15-20 minutes, or until gray. Using gloves and pliers, CAREFULLY lift the can of charcoal, slide grate out from under can, allow charcoal to fall into burn area. (also notice the quality shoes, no bare feet!)
7. Return grates to cooking position, scrub off with grate cleaner, fill with food, and GRILL!
When we grill, we tend to grill BIG. This is a great time-saving tip. Grill an assortment of meats. You will now have yummy grilled meats to re-heat and serve throughout the week. One of our favorites is grilled Italian Chicken.
*DISCLAIMER- Use care and caution when working with hot coals, sharp metal, and fire.*
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017