Guest post from Mystie Winckler
Have you ever ordered a chai latte at a coffee shop? They are delicious! Perhaps you’ve tried the boxed concentrate from the grocery store? Many coffee shops are only using the boxed concentrate anyway. A spiced chai is the perfect fall beverage; I love sipping a mug on crisp, cloudy mornings.
But there’s a cheaper option, and it gives you the option to decide how strong and how sweet you like your drink. You can easily and quickly make a single cup or a whole jar of tea concentrate.
Easy Homemade Chai Latte:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, about 1 – 1 1/2 cups for every serving.
2. Add 2 bags of chai tea per serving, plus 1-2 for good measure. Turn off the heat and let sit for about 5 minutes. Remove and discard.
3. Sweeten as desired.
4. Mix your homemade concentrated chai tea in equal proportions with warmed milk (I heat mine in the microwave).
5. Sip and enjoy!
6. Concentrate can be stored in a jar in the fridge for a week or so. To use from the fridge, just mix it in your mug with an equal amount of milk and warm it up for a minute or so in the microwave.
Personally, I think coffee is better with a higher fat dairy (although, the higher the fat content, the less is required). However, I find non-fat milk does not make a chai taste thin as it does in a coffee latte. So after two cups of chai I’ve had no fat, only a little sugar, and a serving of dairy. And let’s not forget that tea has antioxidants. It’s practically a health food!
How about you? Do you enjoy chai tea?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014