One of my favorite cakes to make is an angel food cake. I used to be intimidated by this particular cake. No more! After a little tweaking here and there, I have finally settled on the recipe. I make this cake on the days that I make ice cream, since I have a dozen egg whites left over to use. 🙂
Heavenly High Angel Food Cake Recipe
1-1/4 cups 10X sugar
1 cup flour
12 egg whites, room temperature
1-1/2 ts cream of tartar
1-1/2 ts vanilla
1/2 ts lemon extract
1/4 ts salt
1 cup sugar
Sift together flour and 10X sugar three times.
Be sure the mixing bowl and beaters are completely clean and free of any oil. Place egg whites in mixing bowl. Beat whites, once starting to pull together, sprinkle cream of tartar, extracts, and salt in. Continue beating. Gradually add 1 cup sugar. Beat to stiff peaks.
Once egg whites are stiff, fold in flour mixture, 1/4 at a time. Be gentle and fold in the flour. Keeping those egg whites from deflating is your goal. Be sure to blend in the flour that falls to the bottom of the bowl.
Gently spoon into a 10″ ungreased tube pan. Cut through the batter gently with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake at 350* for 40 minutes. Immediately invert pan, cool completely before removing from pan.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017