I’m so happy to share this post with ideas for a gift basket for a homebound friend. Thank you to Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for partnering with me! All opinions are mine alone. #CaringMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Over the course of my life, I’ve had the honor of being a caretaker for some special people. My husband’s grandmother lived with us for the first three years of our married life. I learned very quickly that taking care of an older person brought with it special considerations.
My Pap and Gram years ago when they were first married.
My Pap and Gram lived with my folks until their deaths. While Mom and Dad were their primary caretakers, we made frequent visits. We also moved into my folks’ home on several occasions to give them a break and take over caretaking responsibilities.
My Pap and Gram years later when my folks were their caretakers.
All three of these treasured family members had different abilities and different caretaking needs. All were very special people who were loved and adored.
A friend of mine is the caretaker of her sister. Her sister does not get out of the home often due to mobility issues. We spend time visiting and giving respite care for my friend’s sister. The last time that we were visiting, I had an idea to brighten her day. I wanted to surprise her with a care basket filled with needful and fun items.
Gift Basket Ideas for a Homebound Friend:
To begin, I started purchasing small items for this basket. I wanted to include little items that would give her something to do, something to snack on, something to watch, something to record, and some comfort.
Here are the items I included in this basket:
1. A journal to record something each day
2. Note cards and stamps to keep in touch with others
3. An electronic photo frame to be filled with photos of loved ones (this is easier than hanging photo frames!)
4. A book light (even with a room light, reading can prove to be a bit difficult without focused light)
5. A magnifying lens
6. Snack items
7. Poise® pads to make life a little more comfortable.
8. A planner to have a calendar of events as well as record special days.
There are so many other items you can add to your gift basket! You’ll find 8 more ideas on the next page!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017