Until recently, I did not care for guacamole. As much as I love Mexican food, I’d ask the server to leave it off my plate. It just wasn’t something I cared to eat.
My daughter, Rebecca, on the other hand, LOVES guacamole. She asked me to make her a batch one day. After making it myself, I realized why I don’t care for most restaurant versions of guacamole, it was the cilantro. Many restaurants add way too much cilantro to their guacamole. I’m not a huge cilantro fan, so being able to add just enough to my homemade version means I now add a healthy serving of this yummyness to my Mexican meals such as Chicken Enchiladas and Chicken Fajita Salad.
- 2 avocados
- ½ recipe Pico de Gallo
- 1 ts Lemon juice
tsCilantro (to taste, if you love cilantro, add more!)
- Mash avocados into a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole.
- Refrigerate an hour or so.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017