Since we make graham cracker houses at Christmas-time, I thought there should be something similar to create for Easter.
I give you the Bunny Hut!
Use this as a guide and personalize it. Here are the ingredients that we used:
Easter Time Bunny Huts
White Almond Bark
Fruity cereal (like Fruity Pebbles, this bag came from the Dollar Tree)
To begin, melt the almond bark in a double boiler. Then break the graham crackers in half, taking care to split them as close to the break as possible.
Line a sheet pan with waxed paper. Dip the end of a graham cracker into the almond bark. Imagining a slanted roof, glue another graham cracker half to the first one. Lay the glued graham crackers on its side on the waxed paper to dry. Repeat with a second hut half.
While the side are drying, pour the coconut into a plastic bag. Add a few drops of green food coloring. Mix to combine, adding more green food coloring if needed, to attain the desired shade. (I chose green, you could make any color you desire!) Pour into a bowl, allow to air dry.
Using more melted almond bark, glue the tops of two hut halves together to form a hut. Lay flat on the waxed paper to dry.
This is where you get creative!
We coated the roof with almond bark, then with fruity cereal.
Allow to dry.
Coat the top of a small piece of cardboard with almond bark, then cover with coconut grass.
Dip the ends of the huts in almond bark, then stick on the coconut grass.
Decorate as desired, with chocolates, marshmallows, Robin eggs, Tic Tacs, etc. I tied a bow around it to finish it off. If I were to make them again, I would have added marshmallows to the hut while it was on its side drying.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017