Thank you to Family Christian Stores, for the gift of The Battle Plan for Prayer book!
By now, I’m sure that you’ve heard of the blockbuster hit movie, War Room.
If you haven’t seen it yet, GO SEE IT ASAP! It honestly is one of those movies that will change your life.
It sure changed mine. Our home is small, and even closets are full. But, while I don’t have a war room, I do have a war notebook. In it, I have been writing my prayer requests, updates, and inspiration. I still felt something was a bit lacking in my prayer life.
Then I read The Battle Plan for Prayer. This book was written by the Kendrick brothers, creators of the War Room movie.
This book is a fantastic resource! I find it fascinating how the authors explain prayer. The back cover shares, “Become a powerful person of prayer….Prayer should become your first plan of attack in all of life’s battles, not your last resort.” That’s what I want. To turn to prayer FIRST, rather than crying out in desperation as my last resort.
It’s designed for you to read one chapter per day. I read one chapter of this book each evening. The chapters are long enough to be thorough, without being overwhelming.
The Battle Plan for Prayer begins by answering the “whys” of prayer. Why do we pray??
What is prayer anyway? Those questions are answered as well. Here is one quote, for this question:
Prayer is communion with God in order to:
1. Intimately know, love, and worship Him
2. Understand and conform our lives to His will and ways.
3 Access and advance His kingdom, power, and glory.
The types of prayer section is great for those of us that previously used prayer as a last resort. You know, they “I’ve tried everything I can think of, now can You help me” kind of prayer. This part was profound to me.
Types of prayer:
Other sections include when, how, your heart, God’s names, praying offensively (LOVED this section!), and more.
The final section is the Appendix, appropriately titled Ammunition. This section is filled with prayers to pray for others, list of the names of God, how to start a prayer group, and a list of discussion questions.
I can’t recommend this book highly enough. If you’re struggling in your prayer life, or want to draw closer to God, this book will help you in both areas. The movie, War Room, challenged me to pray, The Battle Plan for Prayer, gave me concrete ideas and a plan to pray.
To connect with Family Christian, visit the links below:
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017