“Disclosure: The information, products and Publix gift cards were provided by General Mills through Linqia.”
One of our very favorite food types is Italian cuisine. But, eating a low-carb diet means no pasta for us. What I’ve found is that I don’t really miss the pasta, but I do miss the sauces and toppings. Spaghetti squash makes a great substitute and it’s one that I use quite often. Zucchini noodles is my other choice.
When I was at Publix today, I saw all of their offerings for their Viva Italia Days sales event. As I was scanning all of their products on display, a new recipe started to formulate in my mind. Do you do that? Create recipes while grocery shopping? I’m a foodie, so this happens quite often for me. I often wonder what others are thinking about while grocery shopping. I don’t care for clothes or shoe shopping, but grocery shopping is fun to me.
The cold has a pretty strong grip on our area right now. Our kitchen is rather cold, so I don’t want to spend any more time there than absolutely necessary. Our oven has died and we haven’t replaced it yet (though a new one is finally ordered!)
In my quest to stay out of the kitchen, I’m using the Crock Pot more and more. For this dish, I used two of my Crock Pots (I have 4, how many do you have?) I baked the spaghetti squash in one Crock Pot, and made the sauce in the other. It worked great and kept me out of the kitchen after the 15 minutes or so it took me to put all of the ingredients in to cook.
To bake spaghetti squash in the Crock Pot, simply line the CP with foil, cut the squash in half, and place it in pot. Cook on high for 4 hours, or until tender. I have found that slicing the squash in half horizontally results in longer “noodles” and it more closely resembles spaghetti.
Here’s my Crock Pot Low-Carb Chicken Spaghetti Sauce:
- 2- 28oz cans Hunt's tomato sauce
- 1- 6oz can Hunt's tomato paste
- 1 cup Progresso chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links, sliced
- 2 chicken thighs, skinless (boneless if desired)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- ½ cup Kraft mozzarella cheese
- Kraft Three Cheese Blend grated cheese
- Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. Check chicken thighs for doneness before serving. Internal temperature of chicken thighs should be at least 165*.
- minutes before serving, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce. Serve once melted.
- If serving low-carb style, over spaghetti squash, shred squash, squeeze out excess water, top with sauce. If desired, can also be served over pasta!
- Add a sprinkle (or more, depending on your taste!) of grated cheese.
To help you celebrate your own Viva Italia Days, here are some money-saving coupons for you! And be sure to read to the end, there’s a giveaway for you to enter!
Visit Ready Plan Save for coupons and recipes
– Save $1.00 when you buy FOUR Progresso products (excludes Progresso Pasta Bowl)
– Save $0.30 when you buy ONE Bread Crumbs, Beans, Broth, Vinegar, Seafood Sauce or Artichoke Hearts
– Pillsbury Crescents $0.40/2, log into the Publix digital coupons to clip
– Save 50¢ Off Any Three (3) Hunt’s® Tomato Paste 6 oz. or 12 oz.
– Save 50¢ Off Any Three (3) Hunt’s® 8 oz. Sauce AND One (1) Mueller’s® 16 oz. Spaghetti
And be sure to visit your local Publix for their Viva Italia Days sales event! This event runs from 2/19- 3/4. You’ll find in-store savings, fun displays and recipes throughout the store!
Now, for that giveaway-
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017