Last week, Mary was bored and looking for something to do. I needed to make supper. We decided to make the meal together.
Mary really likes Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes, so that is what we made.
What fun we had talking and working together. Being with my children in the kitchen is definitely one of my life’s most treasured times.
She did a great job of dredging the meat in the flour/spice mixture, then frying the meat. Notice the pot of boiling potatoes? Yep, she cut those up and got them ready to boil. I think children are much more capable than they are given credit for. Of course, it is important to teach children and then let them try on their own.
Yum! We LOVE mashed potatoes around here. How about you?
Mashed potatoes finished, meat ready to go into the gravy, all that’s left is getting the green beans (that we canned last year!) heated up.
What are your favorite foods to cook with your children?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017