Last week, Mary was bored and looking for something to do. I needed to make supper. We decided to make the meal together.
Mary really likes Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes, so that is what we made.
What fun we had talking and working together. Being with my children in the kitchen is definitely one of my life’s most treasured times.
She did a great job of dredging the meat in the flour/spice mixture, then frying the meat. Notice the pot of boiling potatoes? Yep, she cut those up and got them ready to boil. I think children are much more capable than they are given credit for. Of course, it is important to teach children and then let them try on their own.
Yum! We LOVE mashed potatoes around here. How about you?
Mashed potatoes finished, meat ready to go into the gravy, all that’s left is getting the green beans (that we canned last year!) heated up.
What are your favorite foods to cook with your children?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017