Guest post from Sarah Robinson
One of the jobs that I put off the longest when trying to get my home cleaned up is cleaning my ceiling fan.
I dread it! For one, it gets dust all over the ground and in big clumps. Then, I have to stand on a chair to actually get it done. As you can see, I had waited way too long to clean my fan this time! We were in a bit of a crisis, adjusting to life after my first C-section and then life with a fussy baby. We live in the country, surrounded by fields. What comes with fields? Dust! Lots and lots of dust! Thankfully, we’re not on a dirt road, or I can only imagine how much more dust we’d have!
I recently ran across this post on Pinterest, telling me how to clean it a little easier.
Here’s what you do:
- Find an old pillowcase and label it “For Ceiling Fan Cleaning”, that way you won’t have to worry about resting your pretty little head on something that was once full of dust! Of course, if you’re like me, you may not care about that, since you can just wash it out anyway.
- Next, place the pillowcase on each blade and wipe it down, catching any of the dust inside of the pillowcase. Jump up and down and get excited that dust isn’t falling all over your floor and making you sneeze.
After you’ve made your rounds to each blade, admire how new and shiny your ceiling fan looks!
And let your dust bunnies free outside. I didn’t have many bunnies on this one, just a pillowcase full of thick dust. It required a good beating and then a run through the washing machine!
Do you have any special cleaning tricks that you’d like to share with us? Leave it in the comments section. I’d love to hear it!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014