1. Hot Herbal Tea
Chocolate Mint makes the best fresh herbal tea ever! Just clip enough leaves to half fill your cup. Place the tea leaves into a tea strainer, add strainer to the cup, pour in boiling water and steep for at least five minutes. Remove tea strainer and sip the most amazingly refreshing tea!
Want a little more creamy and chocolatey flavor? Just add a couple of tablespoons of chocolate almond, coconut, or soy milk. This is my all time favorite! I call it “hot chocolate mint tea.” Delicious! (And if you crave chocolate, this will give you a healthful and low-calorie fix.)
2. Sweet Chocolate Mint Tea
Add chopped chocolate to a tea strainer. Add the tea strainer to a half-gallon jug, along with 2 Luzianne family sized tea bags. Pour boiling water over tea. Steep for 20 minutes. Remove tea bags and strainer. Sweeten with your choice of 4 dropper fulls of liquid chocolate Stevia or 1/2 cup sugar. Fill jug with cold water. Refrigerate until cold. Serve over ice.
3. Palate cleanser and food digestion
Added to an after dinner green salad, Chocolate Mint makes an interesting palate cleanse that will actually aid in food digestion. Dare I say? When eaten regularly, it can even eliminate or greatly diminish the foul smell of some naturally occurring gaseous body odors. Ladies, this can be extremely beneficial. If like me, you have a house full of males. Yes, I will personally testify to the truth of this claim! I hide it in salads for this very reason. Shhhh, let this be our little secret.
There are two more incredible uses for this hardy plant! Read on to learn more!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014