These chewy cookies are moist and delicious.
They look great on a dessert table and pack a chocolate punch!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Author: Laurie Bostwick
Serves: About 3 dozen cookies
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 ts baking powder
- ¾ ts salt
- 6 TB butter, melted
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 ts vanilla
- 3.4 cup powdered sugar, for coating cookies
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and cocoa powder, stirring until smooth. Let cool if still warm.
- Mix eggs and vanilla into butter mixture.
- Combine butter mixture into flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- The dough will seem dry at first, but keep mixing until it becomes a stiff brownie batter.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Roll each in powdered sugar.
- Scoop teaspoon or so of dough onto Silpat-lined or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. The cookies will spread out and form cracks on top. They inside may look wet, but be sure to not over-bake.
- Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017