In my quest to have more choices that are THM-friendly (Trim Healthy Mama) as well as Mexican, I came up with this Chicken Fajita Salad. It rapidly became a favorite of ours! For the carb eaters in our family, I serve this on warm tortillas. But, I prefer the salad version.
When serving, I add a scoop of guacamole to the side. Yum!
I hope you like it as well!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 TB liquid amino acid (or Worcestershire Sauce)
- 3 TB minced garlic
tsred pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 TB cumin
- 1-1/2 TB chili powder
- Mix all marinade ingredients, pour ⅔ of it over chicken breasts. In a separate bowl, combine peppers and onions and cover with ⅓ of the marinade.
- Cover both bowls and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Heat skillets over
medium highheat. When good and hot, pour chicken into one skillet and peppers & onions into the other. Stir and cook until cooked through. The marinade will cook down into a sauce. If there is not enough liquid, add a bit of water. You want the sauce for the salad.
- To assemble the salad, place a good amount of lettuce (and spinach, if using) on
bottomof a bowl. Add chicken, onions & peppers (if desired). Top with cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and Pico de Gallo.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017