We are leaving for the Teach Them Diligently convention in Nashville this week. This will mean that I am not home to cook meals. Also going with me are our daughters, they would normally step in to do some cooking for me.
Most of our meals are cooked from scratch. This is great for both our health and budget. It is not so great, however, when I am going to be away from home for a few days. If I am not home, not much cooking can happen. My daughters don’t share my love of cooking, They will cook easy meals, but putting together an entire meal from freezer to table is not their idea of a good time.
Since cooking from scratch is what we are used to, I try to leave easy to re-heat meals for my hubby when I am going to be away for more than a day.
I am putting together a menu of foods that I can prepare ahead of time and leave in the frig for my hubby and son to re-heat while we are gone.
But what will we eat- tips for when Mama is away
Lunches & Suppers:
Lunch meats for roll ups or sandwiches
Grilled chicken breasts- to eat as is, in salads, in quesadillas, in tacos, and wraps
Individual meat loaves
Tossed salad- for portability, make Mason Jar Salads
Pre-chop veggies for stir fry
Pre-cook rice (re-heat by adding a bit of water and warming in the microwave or on the stovetop)
Pre-cook pasta (re-heat by running hot water over the pasta in a strainer)
Hard boiled eggs- to eat as is, or in a salad
Cut up fruits such as cantalope, watermelon, pineapple, and honeydew
Cheese and crackers
This list is by no means exhaustive. What would you add?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017