Guest post from Kathryn
I found this absolutely mouth-watering recipe on Pinterest and just had to try it! The very next week when I went grocery shopping, I got all the ingredients. I wasn’t sure if my husband would like it since he is not big on sandwiches, but it was a huge hit for both of us. The recipe is very simple and my husband and I had it twice in a week in a half because we loved it so much. It’s great for a quick lunch or even for dinner.
This is a recipe I think even picky eaters would like. Plus it’s easy enough that you can let the kids help you make it. Have fun!
Ingredients You Need:
- 6 slices of pre-cooked bacon.
- 1 can of Pillsbury Refrigerated Crusty French Loaf (I have to tell you I did not even know Pillsbury made French bread!).
- 1 cup of Cheddar cheese (Or any cheese you prefer. I used Colby).
- 3-5 slices of thinly sliced deli turkey.
- 3-5 slices of deli ham.
- 3-5 slices of deli roast beef.
How to Make:
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Unroll your dough. I unrolled it on a cutting board but you can use any flat surface. This part was a lot harder that I thought because even though the dough is pre-cut it tends to stick together. So just go slow and do the best you can.
3. Sprinkle your dough with the cheese and top with your deli meat and bacon (I heated my bacon in the microwave first). I tried to arrange my deli meats so that there was not much area of dough showing.
4. Now it’s time to roll the dough. This tended to be a bit hard because the dough has a lot on it. I started small and worked my way up the long side of the dough. When finished, press the edges together so that no cheese leaks out.
5. Cut 4 slits in the top so the dough has room to breathe and place on your cookie sheet.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until dough is lightly browned and hard. Cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014