Making Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a pretty simple job. But it sure has a nice WOW! factor!
To begin, butterfly the chicken breasts (slice in half length-wise, but do not cut in two, leave it intact at one edge- open like a book.
Cover with plastic wrap and carefully pound thinner with a meat tenderizer, using the flat edge. Take care not to create any holes.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, and spinach.
Sprinkle the open chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Spread the cheese mixture onto the chicken breast, take care to not overfill. Add chopped spinach on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Roll the chicken breast as tightly as possible.
Lay bacon strips out on board to form a “sheet” of bacon- basically, lay strips of bacon overlapping each other. The bacon “sheet” should be large enough to cover the chicken breast.
Once the bacon is ready, place the filled and rolled chicken breast onto the bacon and roll carefully.
Return the seared chicken, seared side down, to the oven-proof skillet (I use a large cast-iron skillet). (Or spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.) Once all 4 breasts have been seared and placed on baking sheet, bake at 375* for 30 minutes or so. If the bacon is not crisp enough, broil for a few minutes, keeping a watchful eye on it.
Slice into 5-6 slices, serve, and enjoy!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017