On the days I am short on time to make breakfast for my boys, I just pull out these scones and bake.
Healthy, delicious, and easy to make what could be more perfect?!
Back to School Freezer Scones:
- 8 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TB baking power
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Pumpkin or Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- In large mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter to 6 cups of the flour mixture.
- Mix until mixture resembles small bread crumbs.
- In a blender or processor, combine milk, eggs, and pumpkin (or sweet potatoes). Blend until well combined.
- Fold the liquid into flour mixture to form a dough ball. Adding the remaining flour.
- The mixture should not be sticky.
- Once the ball is formed divided into 24 small balls.
- Place on cookie tray and freeze for two hours before placing in a freezer container.
- To bake, place on cookie sheet in a 350*F oven for about 45 minutes if they are frozen.