Welcome back to this week’s series of 5 Days of Children’s Birthday Party Ideas as part of the 5 Days of Mothering and Homemaking!
For one of Rebecca’s birthday parties, we had a surprise party for her. She was surprised indeed!
Surprise Party Planning:
Her friends were also surprised when they sat down to their luncheon!
We had “taco salad”, “fish sticks”, “french fries”, “ketchup”, “soda”, and “cupcakes”.
It was such fun putting together the theme of this party! But then, I do love to plan a party! 😉
Now, if you’d like to try some of these surprise foods, I’ll include the instructions:
To make the “taco salad”: fill a waffle bowl (used normally for ice cream) with chocolate ice cream (to replicate the refried beans), then add whipped cream for the sour cream, tint some coconut green for lettuce and orange for cheddar cheese. Top it off with some maraschino cherries as your cherry tomatoes.
To make the “fish sticks”: simply cut up some pineapple into sticks, dry very well, then dip in a batter, then deep fry.
To make the “french fries” and “ketchup”: This was simply cut up pound cake that I lightly toasted in the oven and then sprinkled with a bit of powdered sugar. The ketchup is seedless raspberry jam put into small paper containers that I bought at the party store (they would be used for nuts or other small treats).
To make the “soda”: Make some Jello and put it in a tall glass, adding a straw before the Jello sets. Top it off with some whipped cream and a cherry.
And finally, to make the “cupcakes”: This is actually the main course of your meal! This is a small meatloaf, topped with mashed potatoes! I tinted the mashed potatoes and made them a bit thinner than I normally do so that I could put them into a decorating bag and use a star tip to decorate the “cupcake”. Topped off with some sprinkles, they really did look like the real thing!
It doesn’t take alot of time to make a day special, and it doesn’t take that much more to make a day extra special. This is one day that my daughter and her sisters (and her friends, I hope!) will long remember!
Happy Party Planning!
While you’re here, be sure to check out my other party posts!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017