I’m so thrilled to share this letter to my teen daughter with you today!
Now, onto my story of my teen, Mary.
As the Mama of four children, the teen years are no stranger to me. Our eldest child is 23, next is 21, next is 17, and our youngest is 13. We’ve learned and grown a lot, right along with our children, over the years.
Mary is my last child in our homeschool. She’s a 9th grader this year. She gets a lot of one-on-one time being the only child at home with me most of the time. Her siblings are all working most weekdays. This time together has shown me so many things about my dear daughter.
I used to write to each of my children publicly on their birthday. I’d write 10 things on their 10th birthday, 11 things on their 11th, and so on. Since I closed that personal blog, I haven’t done this for them. I wanted to do this again! Thus, here are my 13 things about my 13-year-old, Mary.
A Letter to My Teen Daughter
To my sweet Mary girl,
1. You’re courageous. Not in an “I can take over the world” way, but in a gentle, unassuming, I know who I am way.
2. You respect yourself. You don’t allow others to take advantage of you.
3. You’re compassionate. You have a heart that is huge.
4. You’re responsible. EVERY day, without complaint, you head out to take care of your animals as well as your siblings’ animals who are away at work.
5. You love your family fiercely. And it shows.
6. You are always available to help where needed, usually without being asked.
7. You are so very intelligent. Seriously. You blow me away with your knowledge and ability to quickly grasp new concepts.
8. You are beautiful. A true, from the inside, beauty.
9. You stand up for what you believe in. Whether it’s a family member or a deeply held belief, you are willing to stand your ground, no matter who is challenging you. Yet, you do this in a respectful way.
10. You know yourself. Trust me, this is an important quality to have as you get older.
11. You give great counsel. I can’t tell you how many times you have given me great advice and helped me greatly.
12. You want to learn new things. Your desire to learn to sew, cross stitch, change the oil in the car, etc will serve you well!
13. You are an encourager. More often that I can recount, you have been the one to lift me up.
My darling daughter, remember always that you are an incredibly special young lady. And that your Mama loves you more than you can fathom!
What is amazing about your teen? What are they doing in life that inspires you? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017