St Patrick’s Day party fun:
These crafts are fun and don’t take a lot of time nor supplies. They are easy to ways to spend some time with your children. While learning about growing crystals, you can even sneak in a quick science lesson!
5. For a quick decoration, pick up some foam clovers, cut out a circle of foam board, and glue the clovers on it. I found these at Hobby Lobby. But, if you don’t have a Hobby Lobby nearby, here are some to be found on Amazon.
6. A fun craft to do is to grow crystals! We formed pipe cleaners into shapes, but wrapping them around cookie cutters. (sorry I don’t have better photos- camera issue!) You can purchase Borax at Wal Mart, but if you can’t find it there, Amazon also has it available. (what doesn’t Amazon have available?!) Visit this site to learn about the scientific process, but the simple directions for this craft are:
Make the pipe cleaner shape (or use string), set up jars to hold them. The basic idea is to bring the water to a boil, then turn off the heat. Add Borax 1 Tablespoon at a time, stirring to dissolve, until Borax will no longer dissolve. Carefully pour the Borax solution into the jars, add the pipe cleaner shape, tie to pencil, ensuring the pipe cleaner is not touching the bottom of the jar. Place the pencil across the jar to hold the pipe cleaner shape in place. Let sit and check periodically to see the crystals form.
7. Here’s a fun craft! Preheat oven to 250*F, melt styrofoam cups into hat shapes in about 2-4 minutes. Check often. You can do as we did here and paint afterward, or decorate with Sharpies ahead of time and see what comes out. As you can see in the photo above, some cups melt quicker than others . . . watch closely . . . and have fun watching!
The homemade lemonade recipe is on the next page. Want to download a St Patrick’s Day Bingo printable pack? Click below to go to the download page!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017