St Patrick’s Day party fun:
These crafts are fun and don’t take a lot of time nor supplies. They are easy to ways to spend some time with your children. While learning about growing crystals, you can even sneak in a quick science lesson!
5. For a quick decoration, pick up some foam clovers, cut out a circle of foam board, and glue the clovers on it. I found these at Hobby Lobby. But, if you don’t have a Hobby Lobby nearby, here are some to be found on Amazon.
6. A fun craft to do is to grow crystals! We formed pipe cleaners into shapes, but wrapping them around cookie cutters. (sorry I don’t have better photos- camera issue!) You can purchase Borax at Wal Mart, but if you can’t find it there, Amazon also has it available. (what doesn’t Amazon have available?!) Visit this site to learn about the scientific process, but the simple directions for this craft are:
Make the pipe cleaner shape (or use string), set up jars to hold them. The basic idea is to bring the water to a boil, then turn off the heat. Add Borax 1 Tablespoon at a time, stirring to dissolve, until Borax will no longer dissolve. Carefully pour the Borax solution into the jars, add the pipe cleaner shape, tie to pencil, ensuring the pipe cleaner is not touching the bottom of the jar. Place the pencil across the jar to hold the pipe cleaner shape in place. Let sit and check periodically to see the crystals form.
7. Here’s a fun craft! Preheat oven to 250*F, melt styrofoam cups into hat shapes in about 2-4 minutes. Check often. You can do as we did here and paint afterward, or decorate with Sharpies ahead of time and see what comes out. As you can see in the photo above, some cups melt quicker than others . . . watch closely . . . and have fun watching!
The homemade lemonade recipe is on the next page. Want to download a St Patrick’s Day Bingo printable pack? Click below to go to the download page!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017