While our family is not Irish, we do love a good reason to host a party! A St Patrick’s Day party is quite fun for the Irish at heart! I know there is great religious significance to March 17th, but for this post, I’m going to focus on the party aspect of this day. If you’d like to learn more about the significance of this holiday, click on over to History.com and enjoy the information shared.
St Patrick’s Day party fun:
Foods are especially easy for St Patrick’s Day. Green is the color of choice. While most foods are not typically green, many can be turned green quite easily. Think beyond green eggs and ham.
1. Add green food coloring to apple jelly to make a green PB&J sandwich.
2. Add green food coloring to butter and make a green grilled cheese. We then cut the grilled cheese sandwiches into a clover shape using a large cookie cutter.
3. Slice cheddar cheese into 1/3″ thickness, then use a circle cookie cutter to cut them into gold coins. Add a pickle for more green!
4. Add green food coloring to homemade lemonade to have a frosty glass of green! (recipe included at end of post!)
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs - August 7, 2017
- 12 Weeks Without Our Girlie - July 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017