4. Coffee Cozy
Cut off the cuff of the bottom of a sleeve, sweater or turtle neck. If you’re using the sleeve cuff of a woman’s or tighter fitting sweater, it should be a perfect size to fit around a mug. If you cut your sleeve out of the bottom or top of a sweater, size it to fit around your mug.
Zigzag stitch the cut edge of the fabric to prevent unraveling while you’re sipping your java or tea. If you have a mug without a handle, you can simply slip the sleeve on, or sew the edges together to make a sleeve.
If you would rather make one for a handled mug, you will need to sew either snaps or a button or a button with a loop eye of elastic.
Embellish with buttons or fabric flowers and enjoy your hot drink!
Next up, instructions to turn that sweater into an infinity scarf!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Homemaker’s Goals for the New Year - December 15, 2014
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014
- Tips To A Well Planned Thanksgiving - November 17, 2014
- Simple and Practical Homeschool Routine - August 12, 2014
- Preparing Food for Maternity Leave - July 15, 2014
- Free Kids Chore Checklist - April 8, 2014
- 8 Questions to Ask When De-cluttering - March 25, 2014
- Spring Cleaning Checklists - March 11, 2014
- Confessions of a Homemaking Challenged Homemaker - February 24, 2014
- Overcoming Discouragement With Small Changes - February 11, 2014