Uncle Sam’s Hats:
These are so fun to make!
To begin, coat the Dare Breton crackers with melted white chocolate. Add red, white, and blue sprinkles before the chocolate sets up. All to dry thoroughly on parchment paper.
Next up, poke toothpicks into a box or piece of styrofoam, then add marshmallows to the toothpicks. Use short squirts of food-safe color mist to color the tops of the marshmallows blue. Let dry.
Melt red chocolate and then paint stripes with a clean small paint brush onto the marshmallows.
Using a bit of melted chocolate, attach the marshmallows to the chocolate covered cracker. Allow to dry. They are now ready to serve!
Here’s the recipe for the Flag Party Dip!
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups taco-seasoned beef
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread half of the refried beans over bottom of dish.
- Spread half of the taco-seasoned beef over the refried beans.
- Spread half of the cheese over the beef.
- Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, bake at 375* for 20 minutes or so (until warmed through and cheese melts)
- After baking, let rest on counter while you mix up the topping.
- Combine sour cream and softened cream cheese.
- To make the flag topping, tint ¼ cup of sour cream/cream cheese mixture dark blue.
- Place sour cream/cream cheese mixture into 2 piping bags, both fitted with an open round tip.
- Pipe the blue mixture in the upper left corner, smooth.
- Begin with salsa, make a red line on dip. Take care to make a straight line.
- Pipe a white line of sour cream/cream cheese mixture, equal in width, under the salsa. Smooth with offset spatula.
- Repeat salsa and sour cream/cream cheese mixture lines until top is covered.
- Change the decorating tip on white mixture to a small star. Carefully pipe stars on the blue section of topping.
- Serve with crackers and chips or serve on a bed of lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
What special patriotic snacks do you serve for Fourth of July? How do you share the red, white, and blue?! I’d love to see your creations!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017