Here is your printable recipe! Enjoy!
3 Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts & Tomatoes
Author: Laurie Bostwick
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1- 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375*F
- Chop spinach, then saute in a bit of olive oil until tender.
- Set aside until cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and spices. Mix in cooled spinach. Divide cheese mixture in half into two separate bowls. Set one bowl aside for the tomatoes.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by using a sharp knife to slice the chicken breast in half, length-wise, taking care to not cut through.
- Divide the cheese/ spinach mixture between the four chicken breasts, spreading the cheese to cover the inside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with a bit of olive oil. Once hot, carefully add stuffed chicken breasts. Sear on first side. Using tongs, carefully turn the chicken over to sear the second side. Once seared, cover with a lid and bake 20 minutes or so at 375*F.
- While chicken is baking, prepare cherry tomatoes to be stuffed.
- For larger tomatoes, slice off the top and scoop out the insides, taking care not to crack the skin. For smaller cherry tomatoes, it's easiest to cut the bottom off the tomato as the stem end will usually stand up better than the opposite end. Again, scoop out the insides. This sometimes requires the use of a sharp knife.
- Once all tomatoes are cleaned, stuff them with the remaining cheese/spinach mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove lid and carefully top with sliced Gouda cheese and a bit more shredded Parmesan cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, to melt the cheese.
- Once cheese is melted, serve and enjoy! We like to eat this dish over a bed of rice. There will be a cheesy sauce in the pan to spoon over the chicken and rice.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
- How to Make a Pet Bed in an Hour - February 7, 2017
- 2 Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheets - February 6, 2017
- Pasta Matchmaker for Recipe Inspiration - January 24, 2017
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce & Meatballs from Scratch - January 17, 2017
- Embrace Grace - January 15, 2017