Here are 10 more tips to grocery shop every two weeks:
- Buy fruits and vegetables with a long shelf life. Apples keep longer than peaches. Pears keep longer than cherries. Carrots keep practically forever.
- Keep your fruits and veggies refrigerated. Fruit kept in the fridge lasts longer than fruit in a bowl on the counter. Refill your fruit bowl from the fridge every few days.
- Use frozen vegetables. Frozen vegetables are often comparable in price to fresh, and they cut down on preparation time. Plus they’ll keep for months!
- Buy milk when it’s on sale. Pour some of the milk out of the bottle, then freeze it. While it won’t be as great to drink, it will work perfectly fine for sauces.
- Buy lots of eggs. Eggs will keep for a really long time, for a month or more.
- Use or freeze meat quickly. If you’re not eating your meat within a few days of shopping, freeze it.
- Eat more beans. Beans are non-perishable and can be kept in the pantry indefinitely. Eat more beans, and you’ll need to buy less meat. Bonus: they’re cheaper and better for you! (How to can pinto beans)
- Join a produce co-op. You’ll get seasonal produce that is fresh. This also means one less trip to the grocery store.
- Have an emergency menu plan. Keep a list of pantry meals (and the ingredients) that you can make in a hurry, in case you forget something important at the store.
- Schedule a special pantry stock-up run occasionally. It’s easier to stock up when you are not doing your regular grocery shopping. Make a list of pantry items to purchase, head to the store, and stock up.
How often do you grocery shop? Any tips you can add to my list?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 3 Simple Ways to Have a Happy Dog - May 16, 2017
- 5 Wellness Tips for the Homemaker - April 10, 2017
- RITZ Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes - April 9, 2017
- Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders - April 5, 2017
- Movie Night with Low Carb Foods - March 27, 2017
- 15 Frugal Ways to Stretch Your Tax Refund - March 13, 2017
- Homemade Corned Beef in the Instant Pot - February 28, 2017
- Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Super Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot - February 15, 2017
- Instant Pot Must-Have Accessories - February 13, 2017
Pages: 1 2